top of page
lIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE
This page has been set up for the ' Wisconsin Tribe' only !
ADVENTURES & VACATIONS IN THE SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS - 2022
Towards Scarba and Jura
Highlands & Islands of Scotland
ADVENTURE VACATIONS AND ACTIVITY WEEKS IN SCOTLAND - 2022
Voted the most beautiful country in the world : Read why here
From: Brian Gibbons
To : Wisconsin Tribe members and friends.
6th December 2021:
Dear Tribe member :
I hope you are well and have managed to survive this crazy period during the past 18 months.
Following a very successful sea kayaking, adventure & cultural week with tribe members attending in Poros Island Greece during September 2019 ( in a pre Covid 19 world ) - your tribe liaison officer Don Hynek - indicated to me that the Wisconsin tribe has asked him to contact me to put together a similar trip in Scotland in 2021. Unfortunately due to ongoing Covid 19 difficulties this was not practically possible - but - Don and I started to communicate again in May 2021 and have shared numerous emails since that date investigating the possibilities that could be available for 2022.
Covid 19 has changed many things when it comes to organising and providing a large group trip for tribe members. These involve for example, minimising financial risk from both sides and incorporating a program that will have safeguards built in for possible future Covid 19 restrictions etc. The outcome of the communications between myself and Don are that at least for the moment, providing a large tribe get together of 15 people in Scotland is not possible at this time - maybe in the future 2023 /2024 it will be, who knows ? For now, Don and myself have put together some alternative ideas that would allow a trip in Scotland to go ahead in 2022. for tribe members in flexible smaller groups. The details of this are outlined in detail below.
The location for these private Scottish vacation experiences is Dalriada, once the ancient kingdom of Scotland, which is located in the unspoilt coastal region now known as Mid Argyll, in the Western Highlands of Scotland. Your accommodation base will be Karibu Cottage near Dunadd (Fort), the historical capital of Scotland where, in the past, Scotland's Kings were crowned. Whilst staying in Dalriada, you will experience the wild and wonderful nature of rural Scottish life within this unique Scottish Highlands area. See foot of page for further detailed travel information.
Program & Inclusions:
In order to provide a week of mixed activities that will in a sense replicate the week in Poros , the week in Scotland will have a mix of adventure and culture and give a sense of the real Scotland, not just a 'tourist' vacation, and the price will include the following.
- Collect and return to Glasgow International airport (GLA)
- 7 nights’ accommodation in Karibu Cottage
- 6 home cooked traditional Scottish dinners
- 1 dinner out at a local pub
- 7 Breakfasts , self catered ( all food supplies provided)
- 6 picnic box lunches prepared
- 3 days sea kayaking - OR 2 days sea kayaking + 1 day guided walk in the Kingdom of Dalriada.
- 1 Scottish cooking session for about 3 hours
- 3 hour boat trip at Corryvreckan whirlpool and tide race
- Trip to Oban town to visit whisky distillery , the town and a few castles - OR - day trip to an island ( location to be decided )
- 1 half day guided walk in Crinan area
- Whisky tasting evening at Karibu cottage
Small group :
As previously mentioned , these weeks are available for small groups only. A 'small group' booking to match the available room and bed layouts at Karibu cottage are defined as follows:
Group of 4 people ( 2 couples ) Please contact us via link at the bottom of page if you are interested in this variation.
Group of 3 people ( 1 couple plus 1 single to use 2 double bedrooms
Group of 2 people ( 2 single persons) double room each
Group of 2 people (1 couple) to use 1 or 2 double bedrooms
Booking for 1 person: Private use of the whole cottage.
Price per person : in USD $ - the prices per person shown below.
If any of the above dates are not suitable please contact us , as other dates may become available.
There is some flexibility around some of the arrival dates in April, May and October, for example mid week arrival and departure may be possible, please enquire if this would be useful for you.
Booking terms etc: Important: - The 'booking' is for a small group , not an individual person ( unless for a solo traveller). Please remember that the 'booking' is for 'your group' not an individual, any cancellation by an individual from within your group, will impact on the whole group booking. In order to make a reservation for any of the dates , a deposit of 20% of the total group booking cost will be required at time of request to make a reservation and must be paid at the latest 90 days before arrival date to confirm the booking. The remaining balance to be paid at least 60 days before arrival date. Full payment details will be provided at time of booking.
Cancellation: Should you choose to cancel your 'group booking' .The deposit paid is non refundable under any circumstances as this is required to put in place advance resources to provide the week inclusions. Should you decide to cancel more than 60 days before arrival date any monies paid (excluding the deposit) will be refunded if full.. Again, please remember that the 'booking' is for 'your group' not an individual, any cancellation by an individual from within your group, will impact on the whole group booking.
Covid 19 related issues : Should ANY travel restrictions be imposed by ANY Government Covid 19 regulations that will impact on your participation, the total amount paid will be held for you in credit for the rescheduling of your group trip at a future agreed
Travelling to Scotland: These vacation and activity weeks are based in Cairnbaan Argyll ,
1. Cairnbaan , your vacation base is 2 hours drive from Glasgow airport please bear this is mind when booking flights.
2. For international travellers ,fly to Glasgow International airport (GLA) airport
3. You can also fly to Edinburgh International airport (EDI) There is a shuttle bus to Glasgow operates every hour.
4. You will be met at GLA and taken to Cairnbaan - OR see 5 below.
5. For those who enjoy travel , you can take the train to the town of Oban and you will be collected from there. The Glasgow to Oban train line is called the West Highland line , takes around 3 hours and is in the top 10 of the most beautiful rail journeys in the world, if you are interested in this option let us know and we will help you arrange this , as your flights times are more important. More info on this option is shown here. West Highland Line
Further information: If you require any further specific information please do not hesitate to contact us.
bottom of page